Here are some things that might help you if you are feeling lonely at home...
- Write a list or draw a picture of all your favourite friends at school. That way you can remember who they are and look forward to seeing them again! Put them up on the wall so you don't feel lonely!
- Draw a picture for a friend at school (you can email it to Mrs Mifflin and she will make sure she sends it on to them)
- Watch one of the book readings below about feeling lonely
- Draw or paint a picture of a beautiful rainbow using all the colours you know how to mix now. Place your rainbow in the window so that people walking past will see it and feel happy.
- Go for a walk with your parents and look for rainbows in windows. Maybe you will see one your friend has put up! Rainbows are a sign of promise and hope that things will get better soon.
- Make a video message for your friend (see below)
Aashi has been sending me happy video messages that have made me feel like she is with me. I wonder if you would like to make a video message for me and your friends. If you have a parent who can record it on their phone and email it to me and I will do my best to post them on the website. Please keep them very short!
Here are some ideas for your message (please keep them short)
- Tell your friends what you have been doing at home
- What would you like to do with them when you get back to school?
- Show them something special (maybe a picture, your rain catcher or your boat)
Here is my message from Aashi.