Practising & Consolidating
Can your child have a go at writing the sentences below?
- Repeat the sentence together first
- Encourage your child to sound out the words (segment) on their fingers
- Remind them about spaces between the words
- Remind them at the beginning which words are "tricky words"
- If your child cannot happily write the letters yet, ask them to show you which ones to write on their sound mat and write for them. Alternatively allow them to use a keyboard to type the words.
What is important today is sounding out & spelling the words, not the ability to write the letters down.
I am in a rush to get to the shop.
I feel sad in the rain.
I will wait for a taxi
The rat is in pain.
I need to feed my dog.