Friday 12th June - PSHE Lesson 1
Try this relaxation exercise with your grown-up – ask them to read the instructions out loud while you breathe:
• Sit or lie down in a comfy position and close your eyes.
• Focus on your breathing, feeling your lungs inflate and deflate as you breathe in and out.
• Now imagine that you have a pot of magic bubble mixture inside your body.
• On each out breath, you’re going to blow some bubbles with your magic mixture.
• You should start by imagining you’re blowing a stream of small bubbles. Gradually, as you're breathing slows down, the bubbles increase in size until you’re blowing giant bubbles.
• With each bubble, you should feel the tension drift away from your bodies.
What is happening now?
Read this short picture book with a grown-up and discuss your feelings about how you are feeling learning from home.
If you have some glitter you can try this experiment at home!
If you are able to do this glitter experiment yourself, I would love to hear about what you learned. Please write a few sentences summarising your learning in your student folders.
Thursday 11th June - History Lesson One
Start by discussing the following vocabulary, famous, explorer, commander, voyage. If you cant discuss with an adult, you could use a dictionary or the internet to find out the meanings of these words.
Look through the resources attached:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIYi-Zi-3oc - Neil Armstrong BBC History
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAbrB-gsCRI Amelia Earhart, BBC History/
Write some questions that you would like to ask either of the explorers OR questions that you want to find out about the explorers.
Wednesday 10th June - Religious Education - Lesson One
This term we will be looking at Christian stories and their meanings. Today's story is The Good Samaritan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfm2xdKau4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfm2xdKau4 - Click to watch an animation of The Good Samaritan.
Questions for discussion:
Who are our neighbour's? Are they just the people who live next door to us?
What is the message of this story?
How can we be like the good samaritan in our every day life?
Draw a picture of a time where you have helped someone/been a good neighbour. Label the picture and write a few sentences about your good deed.
Lesson 1 – Monday 8th June 2020- Science
Today we are going to focus on identifying and naming a variety of. common mammals
Firstly. look at this website- What is a mammal?